Restoration of vintage steering wheels
Why trust us with vintage steering wheels?
Every vintage item has tremendous value, both financially and sentimentally. Trusting someone with such possession is a sign of high confidence. We do not take that for granted.
Thanks to modern tools, refined manufacturing technologies as well as experience, we can restore vintage steering wheels for cars, trucks, RV’s, boats or most other vehicles.
Our old school steering wheel refurbishment and vintage steering wheel repair services also have exceptional turnaround times. Compared to our competitors or other providers, we get the job done swiftly and efficiently. Whether you are urgent to get the job done or not in a hurry, we can adapt to your needs and preferences.
If you send us pictures or describe your case, we can quickly assess the time it would take, costs and get back with other vital data. Restore the wooden, leather, plastic steering wheel or a unit from any other material with us!
Have a damaged steering wheel or a dashboard? We can restore it regardless of your vehicle’s type. Let it be a car, boat or an aircraft – PRO craftsmen will inject some unique style to it.
Aside restoration services, we produce unique wood steering wheels almost from scratch ourselves. Make sure to check our pre-made steering wheels catalogue and grab something lovely for your car today.
Not concerned? Here are some facts on us:
- More than 1000 satisfied customers around the world.
- Nearly 100 years of woodworking tradition.
- Over 1040 weeks of experience in restoring steering wheels and dashboards.
- Almost 3650 days of combining wood with leather.
- Everything is 100% handmade and custom.
- Quality materials tested quadrillion times.
- Manufacturing processes approved by the Japanese scientists.
- Our limit → your imagination.
- Steering wheel restoration cost starts at $300. Such price applies to those wheels that do not require complicated refurbishment solutions and exclusive design.
- More complex steering wheels that are strongly damaged (with numerous cracks) or extremely worn out require detailed restoration work which usually costs $400 – $500.
- Extremely difficult restoration works or those that demand very custom design run between $600 – $800 and more.
Keep in mind that these prices are preliminary. Steering wheel restoration cost is determined according to its condition and client’s wishes for design. If you want to know the real price for your unit – get in touch with us.
Our premade products and restored pieces can be shipped world-wide. Depending on the region, prices may vary as GAAA (or Woodensteeringwheels.com) is located in Northern Europe. Shipping costs are:
- Europe – approximately $30
- North America, South America, Asia, Africa, Oceania, Australia – approximately $50
- Antarctica – unfortunately, we have not had to deal with it yet, so drop us a line now!
What can we do for you?
First and foremost – restoration of vintage steering wheels. This service engulfs vintage marine steering wheels, an old-style steering wheel or custom-built units for cars. Repair of vintage steering wheels can eliminate all the damages. From scuffs and dents, all the way to moisture damage, GAAA can carry out all refurbishment of steering wheel tasks.
If your interior is damaged by fire, flooding, vandalism or plain old time, getting in touch with us is a smart move. We mostly specialise in cars and repair of vintage steering wheels and wrap (restoration), but as mentioned, can work with vintage steering wheels or objects for boats, trains, aeroplanes, 4×4’s, etc.
Moreover, we can realise vivid or out of the box ambitions for individual restoration of vintage steering wheels. If you want to turn any regular steering wheel into a custom, hand-made masterpiece, we should be your go-to. Being obsessed with detail, we can turn any vintage boat steering wheels or units from automobiles into unique and distinct masterpieces. Adding your initials, wholly revamping the overall look and changing the type of wood, leather… If you can name it, chances are – we can do it.
Just keep in mind that our work only concerns the cover and aesthetics. No changes to the geometry or functionality will be made. Besides, we can only accept genuine and certified units. Due to our priorities of safety and high-quality, counterfeits and knockoffs are not going to be accepted.
How to make the most out of vintage steering wheels restoration?
If you are interested or potentially thinking about wooden vintage old school steering wheel refurbishment, allow us to give a few pointers for more straightforward execution. They enable you to get more value from this service!
First of all – laying the ideas in front of you. We can do a lot, but we need to know what exactly are your expectations and wishes. Secondly – carefully removing the steering wheel from the rack if it is still attached to one. Try to do it properly, with the right tools and do not be afraid to use a guide. And finally – never hesitate to ask us questions. If you want to know more about the restoration process or anything else, related to the repair and refurbishment of vintage steering wheels – drop a line.